Why choose India to study MBBS?
- India has several private and government medical institutes.
- Students pursuing MBBS in India get trained by highly qualified professionals.
- India has reached a milestone in the growth and development of medical institutes and education quality.
- Indian medical institutes offer great clinical exposure to the students.
- MBBS universities in India are equipped with advanced facilities.
- Students who can clear the NEET exam are eligible for getting admission in Govt. medical colleges where cost is affordable.
- Indian medical universities offer different facilities for the students that help them a lot for academic purposes.
- Students are required to attend and give the MCI screening test if the MBBS degree is obtained from abroad.
What is the duration of MBBS in India?
- The duration of the MBBS course in India is generally 5.5 years with 1 year of internship.
- The internships can be carried out in any healthcare facilities (hospitals and clinics).
Eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in India
- The candidate must be 17 years old and not exceed 25 years of age at the time of admission.
- The candidate requires having a score of at least 50% marks in the 12th grade and 60% in entrance exams.
- In the 12th grade, the candidates must have the three primary subjects- Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- MBBS students must have a health check-up medical certificate and other official college leaving certificates when taking admission.
Important documents required for studying MBBS in India are
- Valid mark sheets of 10th and 12th
- The scorecard of NEET.
- Valid school & college leaving certificates, medical certificate, code of conduct certificate, no criminal record certificate, and other college certificates.
- Caste certificates for the students who belong to ST, SC, and OBC categories.
- Bank statements of parents to show that the candidate has the ability to pay the fees required for the admission.
Important facts about studying MBBS in India
- The academic session for MBBS generally starts from September to October.
- The application process starts from June to July.
- The candidates are required to appear for different entrance exams for different medical institutions. The entrance tests are- NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test)
Admission process for MBBS admissions in India
- A candidate must keep himself or herself updated with the dates of entrance exams by searching online on the official websites.
- Official websites of medical universities publish important notice about admissions when the academic session approaches every year.
- The candidates are required to get through entrance exams with good scores to get MBBS admission.
- Students are selected based on the merit list.
- The selected students are called for attending a counseling session before the academic year starts.
- Once the selected candidates choose a university or college, they are expected to pay the fees so that they can begin the journey as a medical student.
Need more information about MBBS admissions in India? Call the education consultants of MedTech Foundation. We would be happy to help you.