MBBS in Philippines
Situated in the western Pacific Ocean, the Philippines is an archipelago consisting of some 7,100 islands and islets lying about 500 miles (800 km) off the coast of Vietnam. Manila is the capital, but nearby Quezon City is the country’s most-populous city. It has a free-market economy.
Because it was under Spanish rule for 333 years and under U.S. tutelage for a further 48 years, the Philippines has many cultural affinities with the West. It is, for example, the second most-populous Asian country (following India) with English as an official language. As a result, Indian students aspiring to pursue MBBS in the Philippines find it easy to blend with the local society and to a degree, with Filipino culture. The climate of the Philippines is tropical and strongly monsoonal (i.e., wet-dry).
Why do MBBS in the Philippines
The Philippines offers a unique opportunity to pursue an MBBS course which is highly in demand and is of international standards. An MBBS degree from the Philippines is globally acclaimed and recognized, which is a great professional convenience for both Indian and other international students.
The students who pursue MBBS in the Philippines find relatively better exposure during their studies. There is no language problem because the courses offered are in English medium because the Philippines is one of the top English speaking nations of the world – like India — that follows the USA pattern of MBBS education. With many Indians being versed with the anglicized way of living, the Philippines is decidedly a comfortable destination for Indian students wanting to pursue MBBS abroad.
Eligibility to Study MBBS in Philippines
- The MBBS applicants must pass 10+2 level with minimum 50 % in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The applicants will need to submit all certificates that authenticate their qualification, including mark sheets, school leaving certificate, etc.
- Proof of paying capacity and Medical fitness certificate.
- He/she must be NEET-UG qualified and should have attained 17 years of age.
MBBS in Philippines (2021-2022)
The MBBS Program in Philippines is known as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and is of 4 Years after BS or Graduation.
The fees at the Philippines Medical Colleges are affordable and the cost of living stands between $200-250 USD per month. Indian food is easily available in the Phillipines.
- Degree: BS-MD equivalent to MBBS
- Course Duration: 2 yrs BS + 4 yrs MD
- Recognition: Ministry of Education Philippines, MCI and WHO
- Fee: Varies between $3500-6500
The MD programs offered by the universities of the Philippines are approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).