Study MBBS in Russia
Studying MBBS in Russia is substantial for students who want to pursue Medicine in Europe. From the 16th century, the history of Medical Science in Russia is rated at the top compared to other countries. The quality education by the top MBBS colleges in Russia is the only reason behind it.
The Russian government has subsidized Medical education and tuition fees for Indian students by 50% of actual education. This helped to encourage foreign students to take admission to Russia for an MBBS degree.
30 out of the top 100 medical universities worldwide belong to Russia, this states that promising and quality education is provided by each medical institute in Russia.
The medical universities of Russia offer affordable fees and well-furnished accommodations for students. Well equipped laboratories, promising education, quality guidance to students, the value of a Russian MBBS degree in India, these factors, and success stories of alumni lead to an increase in admissions for MBBS courses in Russia.
The degree awarded to students after completion of the Medicine course in Russia is M.D (Physician), which is equivalent to MBBS in India.
MBBS in Russia – Quick Highlights
The following table would help the students with the quick overview of the MBBS course in Russia:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 passed with an aggregate:|
– 50% in PCB for general category
– 40% for reserved category
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not required|
|Minimum Tuition Fee||3,500 USD/Year|
|Maximum Tuition Fee||10,000 USD/Year|
|Top Medical Universities||First Moscow State University|
Kazan Federal University
|Cost of Living in Russia||200 USD/Month|
|Course Duration||7 Year (Including Internship)|
|Medium of Teaching||English Language|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO accredited|
|Admission Process Span||40 to 45 days|
Why Choose Russia to Study MBBS Course?
Find out what attracts Indian students to choose Russia as a country for study MBBS course:
- Entrance test like IELTS, TOEFL not required.
- No capitation and donation fees.
- MBBS in Russia is recognized by NMC & WHO.
- High-Rated teaching Standard.
- Low Cost of Living in Russia.
- All the universities are affiliated with the Government of Russia.
- The students can practice in India after applying the NMC Screening Test.
- Availability of regional food, sports facilities, academics for foreign students.
- MBBS in Russia is taught in the English language.
- The Russian Universities are known for well-developed medical faculty, advanced labs, and practical teaching techniques.
- Due to affiliation with world universities, international exposure is provided to medical students.
- Russian universities have dignified faculty members including doctors of science, research analyst, scientists etc.
MBBS Eligibility in Russia for Indian Students
The eligibility criteria for MBBS in Russia for Indian students show the relaxation in comparison with MBBS in India:
- There is no entrance examination held for pursuing MBBS Education in Russia. Only the thing is that the candidate should have to clear the NEET entrance test.
- The age of the candidate should be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of the admission process. The maximum age limit is 25 as on 31st December of the year of the admission process
- The candidates should have an aggregate of 50% in PCB for general Candidates and 40% for reserved category students.
- Before applying for MBBS in abroad, the candidates should have to submit a nationality certificate.
How Can I get MBBS Admission in Russia?
Wanna study MBBS in abroad?? If yes, then Russia is the foremost country for such MBBS aspirants. We, At Select Your University, providing you a significant step for admission Guidelines:
Step 1 : First of all, Choice your University in which you want to study MBBS Education. “Select Your University” providing you some of the highest ranked universities in Russia.
Step 2 : Fill the University Application form with all the required documents.
Step 3 : After reviewing your details regarding Eligibility criteria, documents etc. you will get an invitation letter from corresponding universities.
Step 4 : When you are getting an invitation letter, it means you are eligible for applying for MBBS Course in Russia.
Step 5 : The candidate should have to apply for a student visa in the Russian embassy of the respective country.
Step 6: The candidates should have to deposit admission fee as per Institute/College Norms.
Required Documents for MBBS Admission in Russia
Below are the list of documents required to study MBBS course in Russia:
- 10th Certificate + Mark sheet
- 12th Certificate + Mark sheet
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity.
- Original copy of Birth Certificate in English
- Photo – 10 ( 4.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Invitation letter prescribed by Medical University of Russia
- Authorized documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees
- Tuition Fee Receipt
- HIV test documents
Course Duration for MBBS in Russia
The course duration for the MBBS course in Russia varies with the pattern of study at university. There are three types of universities according to which the course duration varies from 6.8 years to 7.8 years:
- For English medium universities, the course duration of the MBBS course is 6.8 years. This includes one year of internship.
- For bilingual or full-time Russian medium universities the course duration of MBBS degree is 7.8 years including one year of internship and one year for learning the Russian language.
MBBS Syllabus in Russia (Semester Wise)
Following is the syllabus for MBBS in Russian medical universities:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|First-aid in the pre-hospital phase||Anatomy|
|Medical physics and mathematics||Latin language|
|Medical Chemistry||Medical Biology|
|Basic Bioorganic Chemistry||Medical informatics|
|History of Russia||Mineral Metabolism|
|Latin Language||History of Medicine|
|Anatomy||Psychology and Pedagogy|
|Medical Biology||Histology, Embryology, Cytology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|History of Medicine||Biochemistry|
|Psychology & Pedagogy||Histology, Embryology, Cytology|
|Bioethics||Anatomy of systems of neuro immuno endocrinology|
|Clinical Physiology||Histophysiology of digestive systems|
|Microbiology and Virology||Information technology in medicine|
|Propaedeutics of internal Diseases & Radiodiagnosis||Biochemistry|
|Life safety and disaster medicine|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Propaedeutics of internal Diseases & Radiodiagnosis||Propaedeutics of internal Diseases & Radiodiagnosis|
|Immunology||Topographical Anatomy & Operative Surgery|
|Pathological anatomy||Pathological Anatomy|
|Pathological Physiology||Pathological Physiology|
|General Surgery & Radiodiagnosis||General Surgery & Radiodiagnosis|
|Microbiology and Virology||Topographical Anatomy & Operative Surgery|
|Hygiene||Public Health and Health Care & Economics of Health Care|
|Propaedeutics of internal Diseases & Radiodiagnosis||Elective|
|7th Semester||8th Semester|
|Topographical Anatomy & Operative Surgery||Neurology, Medical Genetics & Neurosurgery|
|Public Health and Health Care & Economics of Health Care||Facultative Therapy & Professional Diseases|
|Clinical Pathological Anatomy||Facultative Surgery & Urology|
|Clinical Pathological Physiology||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|E. N. T.||Pediatrics|
|Neurology, Medical Genetics & Neurosurgery|
|Facultative Therapy & Professional Diseases|
|Facultative Surgery & Urology|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|9th Semester||10th Semester|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Dermatology & Venereology||Infectious Diseases|
|Psychiatry & Medical Psychology||Hospital Surgery & Pediatric Surgery|
|Stomatology||Hospital Therapy & Endocrinology|
|Infectious Diseases||Out-Patient Therapy|
|Hospital Surgery & Pediatric Surgery||Orthopedics & Traumatology|
|Hospital Therapy & Endocrinology|
|11th Semester||12th Semester|
|Hospital Surgery & Pediatric Surgery||Hospital Therapy & Endocrinology|
|Hospital Therapy & Endocrinology||Out-Patient Therapy|
|Orthopedics & Traumatology||Functional Diagnostics in the Clinic of Internal Medicine|
|Epidemiology||Oncology and Radiology|
|Clinical Pharmacology||Clinical Allergology|
|Anesthesiology, Resuscitation & Intensive Therapy|
Medical Courses Offered in Russia
In Russia students get to learn about these courses while getting their medical degree:
Top-Ranked Medical Universities in Russia
Here is the list of top universities for MBBS study in Russia that are ranked according to unirank:
|University Name||Country Rank||World Rank|
|Lomonosov Moscow State University||1||123|
|Novosibirsk National Research State University||10||775|
|Crimean Federal University||19||3512|
|Ogarev Mordovia State University||22||1355|
|Far Eastern Federal University||25||1368|
|First Moscow State Medical University||38||12060|
|Perm State Medical University||39||1792|
|Penza State Medical University||51||2162|
The Medium of Teaching While Studying MBBS in Russia
Russian universities follow three different types of the medium of teaching:1
Full-time English Course
There is a full-time English course where 6.8 years of MBBS course is taught in the English language.2
The bilingual course consists of an extra one year of Russian language coaching. Here the half course is taught in the Russian language and the remaining course is taught in English medium language.3
Full-time Russian Language Course
The full-time Russian language course is taught in the Russian language for a 6.8 years course duration. It needs an extra one year for Russian language coaching.
MBBS Admission in Russia – Intake 2021
The total intake timetable for admission to MBBS in Russia is as follows:
|Registration Last Date||May|
|Admission Last Date||July|
Note: The dates mentioned here are tentative. The schedule is supposed to change as per the universities’ decisions.
Food and Accommodation Facility
Following are the facilities that are provided for students in Russian universities:
- There are accommodation facilities for foreign students in Russian medical Universities
- Students are provided with 2-3 beds in a sharing room.
- All the necessary facilities like, bed, blanket, bed sheets, pillows, table, and cupboards are provided by university hostels.
- A common kitchen and washing machine rooms are there for students. Students can cook Indian food there.
- There are messes available which provide Indian foods too.
- Indian restaurants are within walking distance from some universities where students can have their cuisine.
- Apart from this, there are native cuisines and all other countries’ dishes are available to experience the cultural variety of food.
Scholarships offered to International Students
There are three types of scholarships offered at Russian Medical Universities. Namely, the Russian government scholarship, Russian non-government scholarship, and Russian scholarship for international students:1
Russian Government scholarships
- Free tuition fee
- Student’s Accommodation
- Maintenance Allowance
Russian non-government scholarships
- School of Russian and Asian Studies
- Benjamin Scholarships
- BP in Russia Research Scholarships
- American Council Scholarships
Russian scholarships for international students
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology – Scholarship based on superior academic performance
- Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University – Individual Scholarships are available for Master program.
Follow the Steps to Apply for a Russian Student Visa
Indian students need to have a Student Visa while going abroad for educational purposes and staying there for the period of degree course duration. Here are the steps to follow to apply for a student visa for Russia:
Step 1: After getting an offer letter from the Russian Institute, you need to contact the Embassy of Russia in New Delhi. From there, you can adapt the data required for Student Visa.
Step 2: Russian Visa Centers are located in New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, and Mumbai.
Step 3: The Final Decision to issue or reject the application totally depends upon Russian Institutions.
Step 4: The Russian visa Centers collect the application fee as Rs.1150 per application.
Step 5: The Russian Visa is an extendable visa having a span of 3 months to 1 year. It might be changed as per Russian Authorities.
Note: Authorities are
- Ministry of Home Affairs of the Russian Federation
- Russian Educational Institute
Cost of Living
The average cost of living in Russia for a month is shown in the table below. Students can get an idea of the cost of living in Russia with it. It is to be kept in mind that the cost of living may vary with the living style of students:
|Particulars||Approx Range in USD||Approx Range in RS|
|Accommodation (other than a hostel)||150 – 215||10,500 – 15000|
|Food||80 – 100||5600 – 7000|
|Transport||10 – 14||700 – 1000|
|Clothing||25 – 43||1700 – 3000|
|Other Expenses||70 – 75||4900 – 5250|
Note: for calculation purpose 1$= Rs. 70
How many Semester in MBBS Course of Russia?
- In Russia, the academic year starts from September in all Medical Institutions.
- Whereas, the academic year consists of 2 semesters.
- From September to January there is the 1st semester and from February to June, there is the 2nd semester.
- 18 days are assigned for winter vacations and 45 days are assigned for summer vacations.
Comparison between MBBS in Russia & MBBS in India
Consider the comparison of some of the relevant points about MBBS in Russia vs MBBS in India:
|MBBS in Russia||MBBS in India|
|In Russia, the cost of studying medicine is comparatively low.||In India, the cost of studying medicine is high.|
|Duration of MBBS course in Russia is 8 years.||Duration of MBBS course in India is 6 years.|
|Entrance test is not required||Entrance test required.|
|Donation not required.||Some colleges take the donation for admissions in medical course.|
|Degree awarded as MD in Medicine.||Degree awarded as MBBS in Medicine.|
Is Russia Safe for Indian Medical Students?
Yes, Russia is one of the safest countries for Indian medical students:
- Russian Communities are significantly more secure. Security in public space as well as in vacant place is secured by High Authority Security of Russia.
- It is necessary for foreigners to carry identification certificate like Visa, identity proof etc.
- Russia has been always welcome a Multicultural people. No one can even be done ragging or assaulting someone.
- Being foreigners, you have to keep a strategic distance from terrible sites.
Recognition of Medical Universities in Russia
The medical universities of Russia have a worldwide reputation and recognition. Many of the world’s bigger medical organizations and councils have recognized Russian medical institutes:
Education Loan Assistance for Indian Students
Students can get education loan for studying MBBS abroad:
- In India, the students are provided with the facilities of education loans to help them to study abroad. The loan process and amount of loan is dependant on many factors.
- The NEET score of the student, university fee, university’s invitation letter, these are some of the main documents that are required.
- The education loan also depends on the student’s parents’ income, wealth, and property.
Note: At ‘Select Your University’ our counselors will help you with every possible way of getting the education loan for MBBS abroad.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Russia
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Russia:
- Students can opt from a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Russian medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Russia followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.
Vacations during MBBS in Russia
There are two long holidays in Russia:
Russian medical universities follow semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation that is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit the home in these two periods of time of the year.
Russia is the largest country in the world here are some facts about Russia:
- Russia is the biggest developed country in the world. About 17.1 million sq.km areas acquired by Russian Country.
- The country itself occupy the one-eighth area of the earth.
- Rusia is one of the independent nations in Eurasia.
- The Ural Mountains divide the Eurasian continent -Russia into Europe and the USA. Around 77% population is living in European Russia.
- Moscow is the capital of Russia representing Russian culture of Russia.
|Religion||Christianity Secular State (De jure) Russian Orthodoxy (De facto)|
|Currency||Russian Ruble (RUB)|
|Exchange Rate (as of January 2020)||1Rs.= 0.90 RUB|
1RUB = 1.11 Rs.
|Climate||The climate of Russia is highly continental influenced. Summers are dry with a maximum 45-degree Celcius, and winters are very cold with snowfall and -30 degrees Celsius.|
|Time Difference||India is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of the capital of Russia, Moscow.|