Know More About Swami Vivekananda University
Swami Vivekananda University conceptualized on the soil of West Bengal under Regent Education & Research Foundation Trust , a non-profit-making trust which has been set up to promote the professional education of highest standards and to encourage research and training activities so that the students, conferred with the degree can not only meet the professional challenges but also all the challenges life has to offer . In this era of economic liberalization, globalization and technological super advancements our motto is to put quality education in the light of Swamiji’s vision of spreading education throughout the society.
Swami Vivekananda University (SVU) aims to actualize Swami Vivekananda‘s educational vision of life building, and character-making education by combining the best elements of the East and the West. He envisioned an educational system wherein the rich cultural and spiritual heritage of our country with its hoary tradition of values like ‘sacredness of knowledge‘, ‘shraddha‘, ‘devotion to truth‘, etc., would be blended with modern science, and predominantly western values like scientific temper, rationality of outlook, fearless and objective investigation into the nature of the physical world, technological skill, work efficiency, team work, etc. Swami Vivekananda‘s emphasis on man-making and character-building education is always being kept in view in all the programmes and courses of study in the University bearing his hallowed name.
“Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true” – Swami Vivekananda
By 2022 , 9% of Indians will be in jobs that do not exist today. 37% of Indian workforce would be employed in new job roles 54% of Indian work force will fall under the unchanged job categories. Technology will dominate the nature of jobs available in the coming near future.
The jobs will be same but the skill-set required will be different. We have to constantly adopt to the needs of industries to stay relevant. The old rule was “you can have a job for life” but the rule of millennial is “you can have a career for life”.
Here comes the utter relevance of Swami Vivekananda University where technical education blended with a skill based mechanism to bridge the gap between academic intellect and professional proficiencies.
- Freedom of thought and expression
- Freedom from discrimination
- The encouragement of a questioning spirit
- Quality and depth of provision across all subjects
- The close inter-relationship between teaching, scholarship, and research
- Strong support for individual researchers as well as research groups
- Education which enhances the ability of students to learn throughout life
- Integrated hi-tech eco-friendly campus on across 12 acres of land.
- Highly equipped technical and language laboratories.
- Well-furnished library with of more than 10,000 books, 5000 titles , and 100 national and international Journals.
- Smart Classrooms in all the disciplines.
- Wi-Fi enabled smart campus.
- Sports, Swimming pool , Gymnasium , canteen & cafeteria facilities.
- Multipurpose Hall
- Medical Harbour.
- Banking Services.
- Campus Vigilance and Security System.
- Industry Relevant Curriculum.
Role of SVU
“What is education? Is it book-learning? No. Is it diverse knowledge? Not even that. The training by which the current and expression of will are brought under control and become fruitful is called education.”- Swami Vivekananda
Inspired by Swami Vivekananda’s envisioning educational system in India, Swami Vivekananda University will cast a transformative light on society and students by promoting quality education and research facilities to bridge the gap between academic intellect and professional proficiencies. Our approach toward education is more analytical, thorough, job-oriented and skill-based. To emerge as a World Class University in creating and disseminating knowledge, and providing students a unique learning experience in Science, Technology, Management and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the world and betterment of mankind.
Means to achieve our goals
- MOVE UP through international alliances and collaborative initiatives to achieve global excellence.
- ACCOMPLISH A PROCESS to advance knowledge in a rigorous academic and research environment.
- ATTRACT AND BUILD PEOPLE in a rewarding and inspiring environment by fostering freedom, empowerment, creativity and innovation.